Upgrade of MR3, Matsahpha to Manzini
Ministry of Public Works and Transport, Government of Swaziland
GIBB was to provide specialist road rehabilitation services including Interchange and Safety upgrades to the Swaziland Ministry of Public Works & Transport through a Joint Venture consisting of a specialist African Roads Engineering Company (GIBB) in conjunction with an established Swaziland/Consultant (STCS) in a technical strong regional team. GIBB provided professional engineering services for the planning, preliminary design reporting, detail design, construction specifications and contract (bid) documentation, tender (bid) evaluation, construction supervision and completion report/drawings for this project.
The envisaged Scope of Services includes:
- Coordination of the feasibility study and preliminary design;
- Specialist design and technical review within the project team;
- Provision of construction, administration and management services relating to all aspects of the projects including the design, construction supervision and as built/record drawings/provision.
- Interchange Structural Design
- Road Structural Assessments
- New Jersey Barrier Additions
- Intersection LOS and Upgrading Assessment/Design
- Pavement Rehabilitation Design